Llangadog vs Quins


The Quins came away from Division new boys Llangadog with nothing to show for their efforts in a match where they certainly deserved something as they totally dominated the 2nd half.

The Quins were without line out specialists Mike Davies and Joe Powell in an area which had been such a strong point in the earlier games.It took the homesters 15 minutes to get on the scoreboard when Left Wing Eifion Jones scored in the corner to give his side the lead,Full Back Dafydd Jenkins missing the conversion.With what wind there was in favour of the homeside the Quins were up against it but with centres
Rhys Marchant and Chad Meyer  causing problems with their strong running the Quins were giving as good as they were getting,but it was the Home side who struck again this time through their Captain and Scrum Half Aled Jenkins who scored his side’s 2nd Try which once again went unconverted.Right Wing Adi John had an oppourtunity to narrow the score but unfortunately pushed his penalty attempt wide.2 more unconverted  tries soon followed by Flanker Carwyn Poulton and Hooker Telor Dyer  to push Llangadog lead out to 20-0 to secure the all important Bonus Point.The Quins however soon hit back with a try by No8 Greg Musto after some persistent pressure on the homesides line.Adi John missed the conversion.But unfortunately for the Quins it was Left Wing Chris Thomas who scored yet another unconverted try to send his side in 25-5 up at the interval.

The Quins with the wind on their backs in the 2nd half went straight on the offensive with Flankers Nathan George and Alex Pierce in outstanding form, the Quins got stuck in to try and reduce the deficit and when Alex Pierce crossed for a superb try on 60 minutes after centre Chad Meyer was involved twice and a fine offload by replacement Bob Lovell the Quins looked as if they could salvage something from the game.15 minutes from time another fine move by the Quins enabled Adi John to race down the touchline,but only some desperate defence by the homeside prevented him from scoring which what could have been a crucial score.The Quins continued to dominate the half but stern defence held them out,and it was not long before in only the homsides 2nd foray into the Quins 22 that Aled Jenkins grabbed his 2nd try of the match to stretch the lead to 30-10.But the Quins did not give in as they went straight back on the attack and were rewarded with a fine Try by Full Back Luke Barrett converted in drop Goal Fashion by Chad Meyer to end the scoring as the final blew.

The Quins now have 3 home games in a row against St Davids in KO Cup this coming Saturday followed by the visits of neighbours Neyland and Bynea.The long awaited win cannot now be far off being urged on by at least 6 of the walking wounded the spirit in the camp looks good.